Stainless Steel Shims
Having a durable shim made from the right material is essential for the perfect fit no matter the application. Shims are used in a variety of ways to ensure secure connections and even weight distribution. Shims are used to fill unnecessary spaces. For all of these reasons, it’s important you choose a shim material that will not react with the other liquids or metal in the object or passing through the object. Stainless steel is a common material to avoid corrosion.
Stainless Steel Grades
You will want to determine the right grade of stainless steel for your application. One of our in-house experts can discuss your project with you and help you narrow the options:
• Type 17-7: Used for high-strength and moderate corrosion resistance
• Type 301: Used for high strength, ductility, and high corrosion resistance
• Type 302: High strength, low weight, easy to clean and fabricate
• Type 304, 304L: Resistant to food process elements, resists chemicals, dyes, and rusting
• Type 305: Attractive, easy fabrication, clean, good for low work hardening and when you need a high strength-to-weight ratio
• Type 316, 316L: Better resistance to corrosion than 304, pitting resistance, creep strength
• Type 321: Withstands high temperatures, resists corrosion, high strength
• Type 410: High heat and corrosion resistance, strong
• Type 430: Used for polished trim objects in mild environments
Phoenix Specialty offers custom sizes for all type of shims, including stainless steel varieties. We can make shims ranging from .040” to 6” in diameter. Need a super thin part? We can produce it affordability down to .0005”. We have stainless steel in stock and can develop a part perfect for your project.
Phoenix Specialty has the fastest manufacturing cycle in the United States, allowing your Washers orders to be shipped in two weeks or less.
Same-day shipping on in-stock orders
We have an industry-leading inventory of finished goods in stock: over 100,000 different items and 400 million parts. And we ship every order from stock within 24 hours; orders booked by 2:30 pm are shipped that day. If you need quality, reliable washers at a moment’s notice, check out our inventory. If we have it in stock, we can process your order and get it shipped to you today.